Our doors are open...virtually. During the coronavirus pandemic our therapists are continuing to see clients. Sessions are conducted in a virtual format so that we may honor and practice social distancing while also meeting our client's needs. We are accepting new virtual clients that have UC SHIP insurance.
Follow your path
Why is getting counseling sexy?
I think counseling has had a bad wrap. There are a lot of old stereotypes around getting counseling. Such as, you have to be broken, needy, have no friends, and not be able to figure it out on your own. The good news is this is just not true. Here are my top 10 reasons why getting counseling is sexy!
- You learn skills and tools to navigate intense feelings and thoughts and you become better and better at it.
- You don't waste your 20’s crashing and burning out.
- You don’t have to turn out to be your parents.
- You can resolve old feelings so they don’t run your life.
- Counseling helps you assess what you're feeling and thinking so you can choose more and react less.
- You get better at being real with people and building authentic relationships.
- You can quiet the voice of harsh self-judgement and become more comfortable with yourself.
- You can get clear on your passions, what you're good at, and what gets you motivated in life.
- You get to explore your dreams, vision, and build a foundation for the life you want!